FUTURE PATHWAYS SERVICES
The Future Pathways Services at St Joseph’s Regional College encourages all students to make informed decisions about their future beyond the College, based upon a realistic awareness of their strengths, aspirations, and the full range of opportunities available to them. Students at the conclusion of Year 10 have the choice to remain at the College to pursue an academic HSC pathway to university, or alternatively attend Newman Senior Technical College to complete a vocationally oriented HSC.
Future Pathways Services include:
- fully qualified Future Pathways Leader available every day for consultations'
- career resource area located in the Senior Study Centre which houses current print and online material for all students,
- College Careers Facebook group to provide current information to students and parents,
- College Careers website and Moodle intranet containing additional links and procedural documents for all areas of student interest,
- the opportunity for students to attend a variety of career events, information evenings and workshops that provide up to date information on post-school options,
- weekly Future Pathways newsletters emailed to Years 11 and 12 students and their parents,
- the opportunity for Year 10 students to undertake Work Experience to gain first-hand knowledge of the world of work.
Future Pathways Education is specifically concerned with assisting students to develop their personal profile, including understanding their skills, abilities, attitudes and academic performance abilities through the following programs:
- Students complete a comprehensive Future Pathways Education learning program that includes personality and strengths recognition, career research, understanding the changing world of work, resume building and personal consultations.
- Students explore and consolidate their knowledge of the labour market to deepen their understanding of further education and training requirements that they will need for their future aspirations.
Years 11 and 12:
- Students focus on the decision-making around the transition to further education and building pathways to future employment opportunities through individual and personalised consultations, year meetings, university and industry expert collaborations.
For further information click the links below.
St Joseph's Regional College Careers Website- www.sjrcportcareers.com